The global viral infections market will grow from $74 billion in 2014 to $117.6 billion by 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate of 6.8%, according to business intelligence provider MarketIntelReports (MIR).
Viruses are infectious particles comprising a nucleic acid core – consisting of either DNA or RNA – and a protein coat known as a capsid. Infections attributable to viral pathogens are transmitted, directly or indirectly, from one person to another or from animal to human. Viruses replicate by exploiting the resources of their host cells, usually to the detriment of the host. As viral pathogens are exceptionally diverse, the morbidity associated with viral infections varies significantly depending on the virus in question. This report covers all viral infections, although particular focus is given to four key indications within this disease cluster: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Hepatitis C Virus (HCV), Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) and influenza. The global viral infections market was valued at $74.0 billion in 2014, and is projected to grow at a considerable Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.8%, reaching $117.6 billion in 2021. Key drivers of this growth will be the expanding treatment population and uptake of recently approved highly priced antiviral agents, as well as promising late-stage candidates that are expected to be priced highly.
The company’s latest report* states that the expanding treatment population, which has resulted from improved treatment options and global initiatives to improve access to treatment for many people living with chronic debilitating viral infections such as HIV, will be a key driver of this growth. Rising therapy costs resulting from the uptake of recently approved, highly-priced antiviral agents, as well as promising late-stage candidates which are expected to be priced highly, will also be a factor.
Read Report Description with TOC @ http://www.marketintelreports.com/report/gbihc406mr/global-viral-infections-market-to-2021--promising-new-competitors-and-expanding-treatment-population-to-offset-increased-uptake-of-generics
Fiona Chisholm, Analyst for MarketIntelReports (MIR), states that: “Some 1,848 pipeline products are specifically in development for the treatment of viral infections, accounting for a sizeable proportion of the infectious diseases pipeline. Among these products, HIV has the most at an active stage of development, with 419, followed by influenza, Hepatitis C and Hepatitis B, with 333, 222 and 150 pipeline products, respectively.
“Such strong activity is indicative of a high degree of commercial interest in viral infections in general, and in these key indications in particular, which reflects the commercial success of currently marketed products such as Truvada, Atripla and Harvoni. However, it should be noted that many products in the viral infections pipeline are being developed for multiple indications, including infectious diseases attributable to non-viral micro-organisms.”
MarketIntelReports (MIR) also states that generic penetration is projected to increase considerably over the forecast period, especially in the seven major markets of the US, France, Germany, Italy, the UK, Spain, and Japan.
Chisholm continues: “The availability of generic drugs is expected to increase due to a series of recent and upcoming patent expirations for key marketed products, particularly within HIV.
“Due to enhanced cost-consciousness, clinicians will increasingly favor generic drugs over premium products in order to reduce the cost of treatment. However, the strength of innovation will continue to drive the global viral infections space, as demonstrated by the strong growth.”
Receive Sample Brochure of the Report; Request your copy @ http://www.marketintelreports.com/pdfdownload.php?id=gbihc406mr
Scope of the report-
The viral infections market is large and growing rapidly
- How do epidemiology trends differ among the key indications?
- What therapeutic options exist for preventing and treating viral infections?
- Which products and companies dominate the market?
The pipeline is innovative and diverse
- What is the proportion of early- to late-stage pipeline products?
- Which molecular targets are most prominent within the pipeline?
- How do the key indications differ in terms of molecule type?
Considerable market growth is anticipated throughout 2021
- Which products will contribute to this growth most significantly?
- Will the current market leaders retain their dominance over the forecast period?
Deal values for licensing and co-development deals range considerably
- How many strategic consolidations have been completed in the past decade?
- Which types of assets attract the largest deal values?
Make an Inquiry about the report, for more information @ http://www.marketintelreports.com/inquiry-before-buying.php?id=gbihc406mr
This report will allow you to -
- Examine the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, treatment options and key marketed products.
- Appreciate how the four key indications - HIV, HCV, HBV and influenza - differ in terms of epidemiology, symptoms and co-morbidities and complications.
- Identify trends and developments, in terms of molecule type and molecular target, within the overall viral infections pipeline, as well as for each of the four key indications.
- Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining trends in clinical trial duration and size, as well as clinical trial failure rates, by stage of development, key indication, molecule type and molecular target.
- Recognize how the evolving treatment landscape will drive market growth to 2021 and understand the contributions that different products, molecular targets and companies will make to this growth.
- Understand how strategic consolidations have shaped the current pipeline and marketed product landscapes.
Order Global Viral Infections Market to 2021 - Promising New Competitors and Expanding Treatment Population to Offset Increased Uptake of Generics Market Research Report @ http://www.marketintelreports.com/purchase.php?id=gbihc406mr
MarketIntelReports (MIR) aim to empower our clients to successfully manage and outperform in their business decisions, we do this by providing Premium Market Intelligence, Strategic Insights and Databases from a range of Global Publishers.
A group of industry veterans who are well experienced in reputed international consulting firms after identifying the sourcing needs of MNCs for market intelligence, have together started this business savior MarketIntelReports.
2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400,